Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm a genius! (but everyone knew that, right?)

This morning, a thought occured to me. Spencer's school has a track near the playground. So, I took the kids to the school and ran around the track while they played. Sometimes they would come run with me or just play in the field or the middle of the track and other times they played on the playground. I could keep my eye on them the whole time and there really isn't anywhere for them to escape to anyway. It is the perfect setup. Except when Kia wants me to swing her. I have been trying to teach her how to do it herself. She gets upset when I won't stop and swing her. See when I'm at home, the kids always need something or Wesley is always getting into something so it's really frustrating to workout on the treadmill. I always feel like I'm limite to 15 or 20 minutes because that's as long as they can go without my attention. I see this as a good opportunity for me to run as long as I can without any inturruptions. I will most likely be doing this more often.

1 comment:

jamieschip said...

Awesome! Way to find options that will work. I forget you're in St. George so weather isn't too much a factor when you're out. I'm excited for you. Also, I got your message and Friday should be okay. I don't know what time I'll be done shopping so maybe we can plan for the afternoon, tentatively. If it doesn't happen though, I understand. I know how busy holidays get when you're trying to share your time with hoards of family. By the way, I hope you were kidding when you said you might feel awkward being around me. I'm still the same Jamie, just a little less of me. ;) You're getting there too, my friend! You've worked out more this week than I have so kudos. Hope to see you next Friday! Love ya.