Thursday, December 4, 2008

Trim the Tree

Well, we did it! We put up the Christmas tree and had a good time doing it. We made a night out of it. First of all, we watched The Polar Express and then the kids had a ball decorating the tree (they had lots of practice doing my parents tree). Hot chocolate came next to top it off. We put the tree on the coffee table in front of the window, so I hope Wesley will leave it alone being a little taller. So far, so good.

Tomorrow night is our Ward Christmas Party. I am so excited. I love ward parties. I hear the food is gonna be delicious. Then our family party on Matt's side is on the 21st in Salt Lake. Man, I ove Christmas. I have been trying to remember not to get caught up with all the festivities and remember the real meaning of Christmas. Every year I remind the kids that Christmas isn't just about Santa and presents. I was telling Spencer just this morning as we had a snuggle moment while looking at the tree. I know my Savior lives and loves each and everyone of us. I hope I can think of Him throughout this holiday season and help my family come unto Him.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: