Saturday, December 13, 2008

Spencer's Birthday Party

Today Spencer had a few friends over for his birthday since we will be in Salt Lake on his actual birthday. He was so excited about the cake I made ( which turned out cute) and especially happy to get presents. This morning he told me he wanted to open presents first thing and I thought I should have a talk with him. I explained that some people might not have money for gifts so not to be too disappointed if he doesn't get any. I also tried to stress that I wasn't having a party for him just for presents, but ait would just be fun to share the day with friends. I asked if he would still be friends with everyone even if they don't bring gifts and he said yes. He understood, but they all brought presents so he was exstatic. He got a nerf dart gun, a western style toy gun, a Big Rig with cars to carry in it, and we gave him the Batman Motorcycle fom the new movie ( which he hasn't seen and probably won't for a loooong time. That movie is really psychotic, not gory and no bad language, but it really psycho! I wouldn't recommend it for children.

No comments: