Sunday, December 7, 2008

Very Blessed


I was just sitting in the living room all by myself, as Matt is gone and the kids are in their room, and I couldn't help but stare at the Christmas tree and think of my many blessings. I was reminded of many Chrismas' past that we were humbled by the numerous secret Santas that provided us with extra holiday cheer. I remember the first year we lived at the village getting a knock on the door, Christmas Eve,only to see our Bishop Featherstone with that welcoming smile and "how ya doing." We invited him in and he handed us a Christmas card. He didn't stay long considering we were on our way out the door and he had other cards to deliver as well. As he left our apt. he turned to say, "I'm just the messanger." We open the Christmas card and inside was a $100 bill. Matt and I both just broke down crying. We were so greatful for that money. I went to the store that day and spent every penny on neccessary items such as food, laundry soap and TP.

The following year, we thought we were ok. We had purchased a few things for the kids to open Christmas morning and we were happy with that. We try to teach them the real meaning of Christmas and not spoil them too much. A couple weeks before Christmas our Bishop Mangum gave us a call and asked if he could come over after the kids went to sleep. We agreed. Bishop, his wife and daughter all came over and brought with each of them a full box of presents. Even stuff for Wesley who wasn't born yet. Also, there was two gift cards for Matt and I. We begged Bishop to let us know what we could do to help someone and he refused. That same year, someone paid our rent, and someone gave us a card with cash in it.

This year, our friend has provided us with some gifts for the kids and also a few clothing items they were in need of. Just this morning, as we were on our way to church, I opened the front door and found some items on our steps.

These experiences and many others have truly humble our family. We are so greatful for those around us that are praying for inspiration to help families around them. We keep thinking the time will come for us to repay this debt and help someone else in need. I know there must be something I can give that someone else needs. I guess I should also pray for inspiration to know of someone or something I can do to help.

We are so blessed in so many ways. I know that Heavenly Father is watching over us and as long as we can keep his Spirit with us, we can recognize his hand in all things.

Here are just a few things I am greatful for this Christmas.

My Savior, Jesus Christ
The opportunity to be humbled
My Family
My WARM home
Church Welfare
My testimony of the Savior
The hand of the Lord in all things
All those that sacrifice for m family

No comments: