Friday, December 5, 2008

Ironman


I went to Wal*Mart to redeem my Quarters for Christmas voucher for shoes. Spencer picked out a pair of Cowboy Boots that were really nice and a pair of Ironman shoes. I knew the voucher was for $30 but I didn't realize it was just for one pair of shoes. I get up to the register and give the voucher to the cashier and she kind of gives me a look and then proceeds to read the instructions on how to process this purchase. I knew it was gonna be bad news when she had to read the instructions. It took her forever and two CSM's to figure it out. Apperantly, the cashier's haven't been trained how to process these vouchers. The shoes that Spencer picked out went over by $2 so I was gonna pay the difference. The sale went through but the cashier couldn't figure out how to charge me the difference. I was then told I could only choose one pair. I chose the Ironman shoes (by now Matt had taken the kids to the car) because I thought Spencer needed them more than boots. The sale then went through just as it should and Spencer has a pair of shoes that he believes makes him run fast because they are Ironman shoes. The funny thing is, Spencer hasn't seen Ironman and doesn't even know who he is except that he's a superhero.

1 comment:

jamieschip said...

Too bad you couldn't get both pair! I'm sure Ben would be the exact same way. He has no clue who Ironman is but would love the shoes anyway. That's so awesome Spencer was picked to get the voucher. You guys deserve it! Love ya and miss you.

PS I got the tickets (thank you!) and Emma got Kia's card. She ripped it out of the envelope and then said "OH MY GOSH... I LOVE it!" It was really cute. If I can get my lazy butt to the post office to buy more stamps, maybe we will send one back. I'll have to sneak it in with our Christmas card probably. ;)