Friday, December 5, 2008

Random Post

The other day Matt told me he wouldn't mind if I were a little more girly. So, I took a good hard look at myself to see what I could do to be more girly. I wasn't offended by what he said. We were having a conversation and he was very kind in the way he spoke to me. See, I've been having this BO problem that I am not proud of. I have tried every deodorant on the market and the clinical strength is a joke. I looked at my diet and certain diseases that can give a person BO, to no avail. Well, I was talking to my sister in law and she has had the same problem. She went to see a doctor and was given a prescription for hydracortizone. She was instructed to use the hydracortizone in place of deodorant. I have tried this and it seems to be working. I never thought I could go without deodorant and not smell stinky! Thanks Becky! So this was our conversation. Matt said I smelled better and he wouldn't mind if I were a little more girly too. Anyway, I decided I would start wearing makeup everyday ( after having kids, I only put makep on for sunday or special occassions) and I don't want to wear perfume everyday so i got some very yummy body sprays. To top it off, I gave myself a french manicure. Yep that's right. I bought this kit with everything in it for $8 at wal*mart. This is the first time I have attempted this on my own. It will take some practice, but they look great! I'm gonna have to get used to functioning with nails. I'm having a hard time typing right now and I can't pick up anything small without a struggle. I asked Matt if he likes my nails and he said he does. He couldn't stand the smell though last night as I was applying the acrylic.

Today I went to pick up Spencer from school and as the teacher called his name she walked over with him to me and handed me a piece of paper. She said it was from the principal and immediately I thought something was wrong. She explained that the paper was from Quarters for Christmas which provides shoes for children. She said each class got three of them and as she looked around her classroom she thought of Spencer considering Matt has been out of work for a while and thought we could use this $30 voucher to buy shoes at Wal*Mart. I broke down crying. We are always so fortunate to receive charity when we need it the most. I know she was inspired to choose Spencer for this amazing gift. Thanks to a special friend too (you know who you are) for providing some gifts for the kids for Christmas.

No comments: