Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hot Cocoa and a Wise Man

This morning I got up at 5:30 to go running. When I opened the door, there was the next little gift on our steps. This time we got Hot Cocoa and one Wise Man. The scripture is Matthew 2:1,2. Pretty soon we will have the whole nativity set. We have never owned a nativity set.

Ok, so back to the running. I think I am coming over a slump with my working outs. I was really gung ho for a while and was running everyday. It is starting to get colder outside than I prefer for running so I have slacked off. I have been doing some workout tapes at home that I have justified as my workout for the day. Don't get me wrong, I think those tapes are great and I know it still helps, especially in my condition. But, I am not pushing myself and not getting the heart rate I need for an extended period of time. Last night, as I watched the Biggest Loser, my motivation came back. I set my alarm for 5:30 and actually got up at 5:20 before my alarm went off. I went running in 30 degree weather and came back all weazy. Cold does that to my lungs. So, I'm kinda frustrated again. I'm not totally down, I'm just trying to find the right time and place to run. I have a treadmill but it's questionable. I have thught about bringing it in the house (it currently resides on the carport) if I can find a place. Also, I thought about trying the gym. There is one within walking distance of our house. It makes me nervous to think about working out in front of other people, but it might not be a bad idea. Then I need to STOP eating sugar! THis time if year is so hard becaue of all the yummy treats.

1 comment:

jamieschip said...

Running outside at 5:30am?!!! You're the woman! I wouldn't even do that. ;) Don't you love the Biggest Loser! It has totally inspired me too. I would suggest either do the treadmill and hope you don't die while using it ;) Or join a gym. Seriously Mandy, there are TONS of people who are much bigger than me or you at the gym. It's not about other people there, it's about getting yourself healthier. Of course there will be the occasional workout crazies there, but all in all, it's a great place to just focus on you. I think my gym has definitely become my life-line somedays and kept me sane. It's the only "me" time I get the whole day. I would totally do it if you can. Keep it up! ALSO, remember what I said about diet being 70% of what helps you lose weight. I weighed in with my trainer today and I told him how frustrated I was that I only lost 3 lbs. since the last weigh-in 6 weeks ago. I lost quite a few inches but not so much weight. He asked how I was doing with my diet, and to be honest, not as good as I have been in the past. I slip a little here and there and in the end it catches up with you. So, be careful. You're doing awesome! Time to end my novel now. ;)

PS Our Christmas card will be in the mail by the end of the week... knock on wood.