Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The other day our next door neighbor told us we could have his fifth wheel trailer. I know it sounds great, but it needs a little TLC. He has left the top vent and a side window open, I guess for ventilation purposes, so it's really dirty inside. He says the appliances work, but it needs a propane tank. All of the tires will probably need to be replaced and there is no title. I know we can apply for one but we arent sure what the history is. We are really excited to go on a trip in it! I dont expect that to happen very soon though:)

Also, I started babysitting a little girl named Katelyn, she is about 10 weeks old. The schedule is 7-4 on tues, wed, thurs. She has an older sister named Emily who is in full day Kindergarten. I walk her to school when I walk Spencer and then her mother picks her up before she picks up the baby. I really didn't want this job, but it is helping us financially so I guess it couldnt have come at a better time. I was approached at church and asked if I would like to babysit for a non-active family. I called the mother of the children and she actually already had someone lined up except she couldnt start until the first of Oct. I may only have this job until then, but I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for his hand in all things. I know this came at the right time and I know He is watching over us during this especially hard time. He is always there for us but I think we realize it more when we need Him the most.

We are doing ok for not having employment. I have applied for some public assistance and Matt has applied for unemployment. He should get his first disbursment this week and we have also let the bishop know about our situation so he can be prepared to help us as well. It's just crazy to think that last year at this time development was flourishing and Matt was working long hours. It has been nice having him around to help me out, I just hope I don't begin to rely on him too much.

No comments: