Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hi, my name is Mandy and I'm an emotional overeater. It's been about one year since I attended a 12 step group. I fell off the wagon about 4 months ago. I was doing really well and then we were really serious into the process of buying our home and that was really stressful. I never want to go through that again. Anyway, I have recently become aware ofthe fact that I am out of control and my addiction has taken over. I have started exercising again and today I have been watching what I eat. My real problem is with soda and foods with high sugar content (i.e. candy, ice cream, donuts.) This is how I maintain my weight. Last year I was awesome for about 3 or 4 months and I lost 30 lbs just by cutting out sugar from my diet. Sugar is my weakness and I know that if I can be careful in that area and work out at least 3 days a week for 30 minutes, I can continue losing weight. I have about 70lbs to go. I have a picture of myself at my thinest that I will try to add to my blog at some point. Anyway, the last few days I have felt the side effects of my diet. I know my blood sugar has been really high because of the way I have been eating. I have been walking Spencer to and from school everyday since school started and I feel good about that.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I gained 15 lbs over the summer and since school started I've been doing a low-cal diet. I've lost 9 lbs so far. It's hard! You totally have to take time to prepare food and plan out your meals. Good luck to you!

jamieschip said...

Mandy, you can do it! Good for you for taking that first step. It's hard but once you get into a routine it becomes a lot easier. I can't wait to read about this journey. You know I'm here for you if you need some emotional support! Miss you.

PS Sorry I haven't been commenting on your blog. I set-up my screen to tell me when blogs are updated with new posts and for some reason, a few of my friends blogs are not coming up on it (yours was one of them.) Weird.