Monday, March 2, 2009

I finally did it!

I got up this morning and walked Spencer to school and then walked over to the gym, which is behind his school. It is about 1/3 of a mile from our home. I bought an annual pass and had a good workout. I rode this bike thing (sorry don't know the technical name) for 11.17 miles and burned 500 calories. I don't think I've ever burned that amount of calories in one workout. That's alot of miles too! My plan is to go several times a week and burn as many calories as I can. This morning, I didn't have much time so I wasn't there long. I have a feeling I might turn into a gym junkie because I absolutely loved being able to focus on my workout and not be interrupted by children. It was some good alone time and went by faster than expected.

1 comment:

jamieschip said...

Welcome to the Gym-Mom Junkie Club! How exciting! Your bike ride sounds awesome. I promise that if you stay committed great things will happen. If you want some help with your diet/nutrition just let me know. (I know you said you struggle with that, and I'm sure 99% of America is right there with you! I don't claim to be a pro but I definitely have learned a thing or two the past couple months.) Can't wait to hear more! Love ya.

PS Yes, I will take all the credit for my little ham of a daughter. What am I raising?! ;)