Tuesday, May 5, 2009

First Day of School

Yesterday was the first day of school. I was really excited and nervous at the same time. Matt offered to give me a blessing and I gladly accepted. That helped a lot to ease my anxiety so I could focus on having a good time. There are 8 people starting the night class including myself. Our teacher is older in years but you would never know it by her personality. She's mature but a really fun lady. For example, last night her cell phone rang during class (cell phones are not permitted) and the penalty for anyone who brings their cell phone is to hula hoop in front of the whole class. She was such a good sport. 
I'm glad I took the opportunity to go to school right now. I'm having a good time and I hope it only gets better. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Mandy,

This is Melissa Walker, from the U village. I just saw that you are going back to school, that's awesome. Also, I read your post about Kia, I can totally sympathize with you, I've lost a kid in a public place before even though it was only for a few minutes it was one of the scariest things ever. So glad to hear she is safe and well, and that you are doing well also.

Melissa

Oh, I also have a blog but it's private, if you want an invite, you can e-mail me at clearblueshoes@yahoo.com