Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So much to be grateful for

Yesterday our faith was put to the ultimate test. My worst fear had come true, Kia was missing. She had been gone for about 15 minutes before we realized she was gone. Matt had left to pick up Spencer from school. Kia waned to go, but he had already left so I told her to stay with me. She wanted to go ride her bike and play with a friend across the street. I told her it was ok. Matt came back from picking up Spencer and wanted to know where Kia was. I told him she was outside with her friend. He replied with "no she's not." I wasn't really worried until we had checked all around our house and some friends houses. By then, we had the whole neighborhood looking for her. It's amazing how many people were even home and on top of that, willing to look for her. At that point, all we could think to do was pray. We pleaded with our Father in Heaven to help us know what to do, to keep her safe and return her to us. We called the police after about 45 minutes to notify them after we had done all we thought we could do. While Matt was on the phone with the Police, my friend called and said she had Kia. She found her at the school where we wait for Spencer to come out. Kia had walked over to the school looking for Daddy and Spencer. She knew exactly what she was doing, where she was going, and who she was looking for. She was clueless to the fact that we believed she was missing. We prayed to God that we would find her and that she would be ok. I'm so grateful that she was returned to us unharmed. This could have been a much worse situation. All the worst scenarios played through my mind. I felt so powerless and guilty for allowing this to happen to our family. I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if anything had happened to her.

Today Spencer lost another tooth! He is such a big guy. I can't believe how fast my children are growing up. One minute I'm holding them in my arms as an infant and the next minute they are walking and talking. Time goes by so fast sometimes I think I'll miss something just by blinking my eyes.

I am so grateful for my husband and I want him to now how proud of him I am. He has worked so hard to prove himself to me. I have so many insecurities that it's hard to see how far he's come, but I hope he knows how much I love him. Happy Anniversary!

No comments: